[Esi] OpenShift on Elastic Secure Bare-metal Infrastructure

Paul G Crumley pgc at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 21 09:35:13 EST 2022

Hi, Gagan & Team,
Sorry for my delay.

We are interested to learn more about ESI to understand how it fits in the Red Hat world and how we could use it here in IBM Research for some of our work.

I am adding Sarah to the to list in order to find time for us to get together and determine if this is a good fit and if so, how to proceed.

Our TL;DR:  We are creating a Hybrid Cloud data center in which IBM Research technology will be placed  so partners and clients can experience the work easily, in flexible, isolated regions which the clients reach through secure connections.  The technology varies from specialized HW to SW-only components running on OpenShift.  We want to make sure that if a client sees something they like, they can replicate the stack in their own data center.  The recent announcement on ESI seems to help with this reproducibility goal.

I’m looking forward to getting the team’s thoughts on this use case.

Thanks,
Paul