[Op1st-dc-alerts] [mghpcc-alerts] Update re: MGHPCC Utility Power outage Saturday October 14 at 4:33PM

mghpcc-alerts mghpcc-alerts at mghpcc.org
Sat Oct 14 21:01:17 EDT 2023

Update: Saturday October 14 at 9:00PM
Based on feedback received, we will:
   Bring Entrance Room power up now
   Bring Computer Room power up Sunday morning at 8AM

Update: Saturday October 14 at 7:30PM
Power-on sequence has started.
We will be restoring power to the Entrance Rooms at approximately 7:40PM

Please send mail to help at mghpcc.org if you see current or prospective issues as
power comes back.

Update: Saturday October 14 at 7:29PM
HG&E has restored its power feed.
We are starting the power-on sequence for the data center.

Power will be restored in stages.

Update: Saturday October 14 at 6:10PM

We have confirmed that power to UPS-backed systems in the Computer Room and Entrance Rooms is down.

Immediate steps under way are:
(1)	Make sure it’s OK to restore utility power.
(2)	Send an alert warning that utility power is about to be restored.
    (2) Restore utility power.

Follow up steps:
    (3) Root cause the problem the prevented generator power from reaching UPS-backed
         racks in the computer room and ERs.
    (4) Stay in touch with HG&E as they root cause the reasons why the North Canal
         Substation went down when a fault occurred there, instead of failing over to a
         redundant circuit.

Saturday October 14 at 4:33PM

The primary utility power feed to the MGPCC facility was interrupted at 4:33PM today (October 14, 2023).

UPS-backed power may have been affected.

We will provide updates as we make progress toward restoring power via the backup power feed.